Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fresh Broccoli Salad

I've been trying to get some new ideas for some easy lunches that I can bring to work. Since I've been eating a lot of Ramen and frozen pizzas for lunch recently, I was also looking for something a little lighter and healthier to kind of get away from the processed foods for a little bit. So I found this recipe for broccoli salad, but it's a little different than broccoli salads that I've had before in that it doesn't have the mayo/salad dressing coating. This recipe is a little lighter, and for having raw broccoli in it, I thought it was pretty yummy! It was pretty quick and easy to make and pretty healthy too!

Broccoli Salad


Ingredients:

6 C fresh, uncooked broccoli florets
1/2 C thinly sliced green onions
1/2 C craisinets or dried cherries
1/4 C sunflower seeds
4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used Oscar Meyer pre-cooked bacon - even easier!)
Dressing:
3 Tbsp canola oil
3 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (in the Asian aisle at the store)
2 Tbsp sugar

Directions:
Mix together the dressing ingredients and pour over salad ingredients and mix it all together well.  Keep the salad in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve it.  If it is going to be in the refrigerator for awhile, wait to add the sunflower seeds and bacon so they don’t get soft and soggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment