Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cookies and Cream Cookies!

We ended up having a "date night" over at Shawn and Leslie's house on Friday, so I was trying to pick a dessert for it that I would have time to make after work before I headed over to their house. I had found this recipe that seemed like the perfect cookie hybrid: oreos and chocolate chip cookies. I figured I couldn't go wrong with them, and they turned out delicious! The recipe didn't make a huge batch of cookies, so we actually ended up (shamefully) finishing the whole batch though. They had a subtle crunch to them with the crushed oreo pieces and the gooeyness that makes chocolate chip cookies so good. It's hard to top a chocolate chip cookie, but I think they may have topped the classic by taking them to the next level. My next recipe that I want to try out now is the oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie though, so I'm excited to try those as well.

Cookies and Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1 stick softened butter
6 Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
11 broken pieces Oreo Cookies
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:


1.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.
2.
Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
3.
With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment