Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki

So lately, I feel like I've been having recipe fails. Finally, today I had a win! I marinaded this steak overnight and they turned out deliciously tender! This is just another reason I'm glad that grilling weather is finally here! I found the recipe here. I think I will definitely be trying this marinade on burgers like the recipe suggested!

Hawaiian Beef Teriyaki


Ingredients:
1 15 oz. can pineapple chunks with juice (I used two 8 oz. cans)
1 c. soy sauce
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. minced ginger (This was my first time working with ginger root - I'm no longer afraid of it!)
1 Lb. skirt steak, sliced very thin

Directions:
1. Mix together all ingredients, excluding beef. Set aside about 1/2 c. of the sauce, cover and refrigerate.
2. Place beef in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Press out all the air, seal, and marinate for at least 6 hours. (I marinaded it over night)
3. Thread the marinated beef onto skewers. Over prepared grill on medium-high heat, grill steak a minute or two on each size until cooked to your desired doneness (with the steak being so thin, you don’t have to grill it for too long). Place beef in a large bowl, pour remaining sauce over the cooked beef and stir until well covered. Serve with rice or grilled fresh pineapple.



No comments:

Post a Comment